Dunmore House West forms the major part of an extremely attractive Victorian ‘manor’ house also benefiting from an attic which was formerly used as a self contained apartment with external access, now in need of renovation and improvement. Additionally there is a detached 3 bedroom bungalow annexe. Set in gardens, paddock and woodland of roughly 5 acres, yet within walking distance to the amenities of the town, the house and its situation are as convenient as they are impressive.
The house is believed to have been constructed in the 1830's. Originally owned by the Murray's, 'Dunmore House' was occupied by and possibly built by Hon. Leveson Granville Keith Murray son of John Murray who was the 4th Earl of Dunmore. The building was occupied as a family home for many years until the 1940's when it was donated to The Salvation Army.
In recent years the property has been converted into two grand, separate houses; Dunmore House West forming the greater section. Constructed of part rendered brick and part cobb elevations under a slate roof and providing approximately 5500 sq ft of accommodation, the property faces almost due south and occupies a superb, elevated position, with beautiful views over the quiet town of Bradninch and the surrounding countryside, with typical large sash windows ensuring that the rooms are flooded with light. There are many superb original features still in existence, the mullioned windows and moulded drawing room ceiling being especially noteworthy. It is worthy of note, that whilst still an impressive, functioning property, both the main accommodation and bungalow annexe would now benefit from some updating.
The small town of Bradninch is extremely accessible and is situated amidst beautiful Devon countryside approximately 3 miles from Cullompton (and the M5) and 11 miles from Exeter, which offers a more comprehensive range of facilities and amenities, an international airport and mainline railway connections to both London Paddington and London Waterloo. There are a wealth of excellent schools in the area including the well-respected local primary school, Blundell's at Tiverton and Exeter School. The nearby Killerton Estate which has 4000 acres of woodland, is owned by the National Trust and is a haven for walking and riding enthusiasts.
The house is approached via a private drive (owned by the neighbouring property, and which Dunmore House West enjoys right of access over). There is a lovely west-facing patio to the side of the main house and a large lawned garden to the front. The lane that serves the properties also runs to the rear, where there is vehicular access to the bungalow annexe and paddock/woodland.